Ranking of Countries with the Highest Quality of Life in 2023
Quality of life is a multi-faceted indicator that reflects the level of well-being of people in a particular country. Various criteria, including health, family and social life, material well-being, political stability and security, climate and geography, job security, political freedom, and gender equality, are used to measure it. The article is based on data from the “numbeo” website.
- Life expectancy is one of the main health factors considered in measuring the quality of life. However, it is not the only indicator – the divorce rate is also taken into account as it reflects the level of family life in the country. Social life is also important for determining the level of well-being – in countries with high church attendance or union membership, people feel a greater sense of community and social support.
- Material well-being is another factor that strongly influences the quality of life. It is measured by GDP per capita, as well as purchasing power parity. But even if the level of material well-being is high, it does not guarantee that people will feel safe and secure – that is why political stability and security are also taken into account in determining the quality of life.
- Climate and geography are also important – depending on latitude, people may face different climatic conditions that can significantly affect their level of comfort and well-being. Job security and the average unemployment rate are other important factors that allow people to feel more confident about their future.
- Political freedom and gender equality are also important for determining the quality of life. The average index of political and civil freedom allows us to determine how free people feel in their actions, while gender equality reflects social justice and equality of opportunities.
All these factors contribute to the measurement of the index, and an assessment of each of them helps to create an overall picture of the well-being of the population in a particular country. Typically, countries with a high level of quality of life are characterized by high indicators in most of these criteria.
TOP 10 countries with the highest quality of life in 2023:
|Rank||Country||Quality of life index|
Let’s look at the winners:
- The Netherlands – the leader in quality of life among all countries in the world. The Netherlands ranks first in the Quality of Life Index in 2023 due to high levels of healthcare, public life, and job security. Additionally, the Netherlands is known for its beautiful cities, culture, and art.
- Denmark is famous for its green cities, rich culture, and excellent healthcare. The country has a high level of job security and public life.
- Switzerland is known for its beautiful mountains, banking services, and high level of healthcare. Switzerland also has a high level of job security and public life.
- Luxembourg is a small country but has a very high standard of living. Luxembourg has a high level of material prosperity and job security.
- Finland is known for its beautiful lakes, forests, and Northern lights. In Finland, there is a high level of healthcare, job security, and public life.
- Iceland is a beautiful country with unique nature and a high level of healthcare. Additionally, Iceland has a high level of public life and job security.
- Austria is known for its beautiful mountains, castles, and wines. Austria has a high level of healthcare, job security, and public life.
- Oman is a beautiful country on the coast of the Arabian Sea. Oman has a high level of healthcare and job security.
- Australia is a huge country with beautiful beaches, mountains, and picturesque cities. Australia has a high level of healthcare and job security.
- Norway – ranked tenth in the Quality of Life Index. Norway is known for its beautiful mountains, fjords, and Northern lights. In Norway, there is a high level of healthcare, job security, and public life.
Why do countries with the highest quality of life have such high indicators? This is due to the fact that these countries have a high level of healthcare, education, public life, job security, material prosperity, political stability, and safety. Additionally, these countries pay great attention to ecology, culture, and education. It is important to note that countries with high quality of life work to maintain their status and develop even higher standards of living for their citizens. Here, human rights and freedoms are respected, and state policy is aimed at the development and well-being of all citizens. In these countries, people live in harmony with nature, which also affects their quality of life.
Overall, the Quality of Life Index is shaped by many factors, from social and economic programs to state policy and the observance of human rights and freedoms.