Top 10 cheapest countries for tourists in 2023
Planning to travel in 2023 but worried about your budget? Don’t worry, there are many amazing countries in the world where you can have a great time without spending a lot of money. The ranking by analysts at Kiplinger can help you choose a holiday destination that won’t break the bank.
When compiling the ranking, Kiplinger analysts took into account the average daily expenses of a tourist, including accommodation, food, and pocket expenses. Airfare prices were not taken into account as they can vary greatly depending on the time of year and point of departure. Three resources were used as data sources: Numbeo, TheGlobalEconomy, and Budget Your Trip.
The top 10 cheapest countries for tourists in 2023 are as follows:
10. Greece – a country with a rich history and beautiful beaches where you can relax and learn about ancient culture.
9. Portugal – another beautiful country in Europe that won’t be too hard on your budget.
8. Dominican Republic – a region in the Caribbean where the sun always shines. White sandy beaches, crystal clear waters, and jungles await you here.
7. Mexico – a country with a rich history and culture, as well as magnificent beaches and cuisine.
6. Costa Rica – another country in the Caribbean where you can take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy nature.
5. Hungary – a European country with a rich culture, history, and traditions. Here you can enjoy beautiful architecture, magnificent wines, and cuisine.
4. Thailand – a country in Southeast Asia that all tourists know. Thailand is famous for its beautiful beaches, luxurious hotels, and Eastern culture.
3. Indonesia – a country with a rich culture and history, as well as beautiful nature and beaches. Here you can enjoy the wealth of nature and culture.
2. Turkey – a country known for its beautiful beaches, architecture, and cuisine. Here you can immerse yourself in Eastern culture and enjoy the hospitality of the locals.
1. Laos – the cheapest country for tourists in 2023. This country in Southeast Asia is known for its temples, nature parks, and beautiful beaches.
So if you have a limited budget for your vacation, choose one of these countries and enjoy your holiday without spending too much money.